Just for Kids
Dentistry for Children of All Ages
There are significant differences between the dental needs of children and adults. A pediatric dentist —a dentist specializing in the care of children and adolescents — is specially trained to recognize these needs and treat young patients accordingly. It is recommended that children should see a pediatric dentist when the first tooth appears, or before age one. This is because problems with baby teeth, such as misalignment or decay, can damage permanent teeth before they've even erupted. Our dental professionals can also help train older children in proper brushing and flossing techniques, to help reinforce good brushing habits.
At Just for Kids, you can experience patience and trust from our pediatric dentists. We have a kid-friendly atmosphere and cater to children of all ages.
Our pediatric dental services include the following:
- Kindergarten Exams
- X-Rays and Cleaning
- Impeccable Sterilization Center: Each instrument is washed, disinfected in a germicidal solution with an ultrasonic cleaner, wrapped and then heat sterilized.
- Cavitron: An ultrasonic scale that allows the effective removal of plaque and calcium (tartar) on teeth and is a dispersant of medicine that helps treats gum disease.
- Oral Sedation: Nitrous Oxide/Laughing Gas
- Digital Radiography: Reduces radiation by 50% to 9%. Allows quick recording of X-ray on a computer screen and eliminates the generation of chemical waste. It enables the X-rays to be stored in the computer system
- Computerized Charting System: Records the condition of the teeth and gums.
- We Remember Your Kid’s First Birthday and Their First Dental Exam
- Financing Is Available
- Most Insurances Accepted:
- Medi-Cal Provider
- Union Provider
Our DentistsJust For Kids has a team of experienced dentists you can trust. They are gentle with infants and patiently work with older children to help reinforce good dental care habits including proper brushing and flossing techniques. Our dentists are:
- Mark Thomas, DDS & Associates
Call for your child’s dental appointment! Ask about our new patient specials.